Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Inspiring Bits of Advice From Very Wise and Successful People:

This blog I have decided to feature two people that are much wiser than I am.  The first video is a speech by author J.K. Rowling.  I have nothing but respect an admiration for Mrs. Rowling.  I would love to sit down and talk with her over tea (her place or mine) and bombard her with questions on life and also the Harry Potter books.  But for the time being it seems unlikely she will be inviting me over...perhaps I should send her and invite.  After the last film comes out she will surely have a lot more time that would be best spent with a perfect stranger in another country like myself.  Anyhoo, since that is not liekly for awhile, I will have to settle for interviews and speeches that reveal very much I think.  I think it is so enlightening that it is worth sharing with any readers, friends or visiters to my blog.  Please enjoy:

 
 


Bill Cosby is some one I grew up watching on television as a kid.  Although I don't have TV at my house now, when visiting my dad, I still enjoy watching old reruns of "The Cosby Show."  Laughter might be underestimated by some people, but personally I see so much value in it.  I also find it a very intimate way to bond with other people I connect with in my daily life.  I was too young at the time to know otherwise, but I've previously read that "The Cosby Show," made huge steps in breaking down race-related walls that still existed in the U.S.  I also found his speech to be very enlightening and funny.

http://youtu.be/BY-WFfajWq8

No comments:

Post a Comment